Statement from Lesley Carcary, CEO
In a time of unprecedented change and uncertainty, many organisations are experiencing pressures in the way they operate their services and plan for the future.
As a small charity-run Optician, our viability is inevitably affected by financial considerations and the wider economic environment. With the impact of coronavirus, a difficult financial environment and other factors affecting charities, seescape has not been immune to these developments.
We have therefore made the difficult decision to close seescape’s Optician service. This means we are no longer able to offer eye tests and sell eyewear, however I can reassure you that all other seescape services are unaffected – only our Optician service will close.
Although our own Optician service will close, seescape will continue to operate the low vision clinic and glaucoma clinics on behalf of the NHS.
These clinics will continue to be run by our Specialist Optometrist (Steven Halstead), with support from seescape staff. Patients using these services can therefore continue to access assessments, support and advice from Steven in these clinics, however you will no longer be able to purchase frames/eyewear from seescape
Other seescape services
As the wider charity is continuing to operate as normal, we will continue to operate our Sight Support, Assistive Technology and Community Engagement services as normal, and can therefore support with:
· helping you develop the skills and techniques that will help you live independently, including help with day-to-day tasks and mobility (both indoors and outdoors)
· assessing your needs in your own home or over the phone
· providing information and advice around sight loss and support strategies
· provision of assistive and low vision aids, e.g magnification aids, filters, liquid level indicators
· specialist training, advice and support on both the latest smart technology devices, as well as more traditional assistive technology
· befriending and social group service
If you are not currently receiving support from any of the services above but feel you may benefit from them please contact us.
Accessing your records
Optician clients can access a copy of their records by contacting seescape at: · Email: email@example.com
· Tel: 01592 644 979
· Postal: Seescape, Wilson Avenue, Kirkcaldy, KY2 5EF
Should you require clarification on how the Optician closure may affect you, please do get in touch with us.
Lesley Carcary, CEO